Ride DuPage Transportation Program
The Ride DuPage Transportation Program is a result of coordination between the (former) DuPage County Inter-Agency Paratransit Coordinating Council (IAPCC), the County of DuPage and Pace Suburban Bus to improve transportation services for seniors and persons with disabilities in Bensenville and throughout DuPage County. The Ride DuPage Transportation Program is available to residents of the Village of Bensenville. The Ride DuPage Transportation Program will begin on October 1, 2018 and will replace the Bensenville Dial-a-Ride Program beginning January 1, 2019.
The basic service characteristics of the Ride DuPage Program are as follows:
- Service is available to seniors (65 years and older) and persons with disabilities (with an RTA Reduced Fare Card) who reside within the Bensenville Village limits.
- Ride DuPage participants will be able to travel anywhere a Ride DuPage vehicle is willing to travel if they are able to cover the cost of the trip. This includes all of DuPage County.
- Service will be available 24 hours a day / 7 days a week / 365 days per year.
- Trip requests will be accepted up to 7 days in advance with a minimum of one day in advance to guarantee a trip.
- Subscription trips will be allowed and must be scheduled with the Department of Public Works.
- Cancellations MUST be made a minimum of 30 minutes prior to the originally scheduled trip. If a trip is missed or cancelled less than 30 minutes prior to arrive, this is considered a no show and the rider will be billed $10.00 for each incident. Three (3) or more incidents within a three (3) month period will result in a suspension from the program.
- Fares must be paid in cash.
- Fares will be $2.00 flag pull and $1.00 per mile traveled.
- The first companion will ride free.
- For group reservations (3 or more riders), the rider who makes the reservation will pay the regular rate of $2.00 flag pull and $1.00 per mile traveled; the companion rides free; and each additional companion will pay a $1.50 flat fee. Contact the Department of Public Works for more details.
The Village of Bensenville will monitor the program and track ridership trends and program costs on a continual basis. This may result in re-evaluation of the program and changes to the fare structure that are necessary to keep the program running efficiently. You will be notified in advance of any fare or eligibility changes.
Follow this link to download the Application Form for the Ride DuPage Program. In order to participate in this program, please complete this form and return it to the Department of Public Works (717 E. Jefferson Street, Bensenville, IL 60106). Please allow five (5) business days from the time you send the application form in to participate in the transportation program.
The telephone number for Ride DuPage is 1-800-713-7445 or TTY 1-800-713-7415. Note: This is a Pace Call Center. This number will take reservations for the Ride DuPage Program. Please be sure to indicate which program you are making a reservation (Bensenville Ride DuPage). If you are registered for more than one programs, you will be offered the trip that is most economical for you.
SCHEDULING A RIDE - call 1-800-713-7445
Reservations can be made Monday – Friday from 6:00am to 6:00pm, Saturday and Sunday 8:00am to 5:00pm. Trips can be reserved up to seven (7) days in advance. Same day reservations are not guaranteed and we encourage at least one-day advance notice. When requesting destination time of arrival (i.e. appointments), allow call taker to recommend a pickup time. Be advised the busiest travel times are between 7:00am and 10:00am and between 3:00pm and 6:00pm. Book rides well in advance to ensure availability whenever possible.
- When calling to make a reservation, please have the following information available:
- Identify yourself as a Bensenville Ride DuPage rider.
- Have complete and exact addresses of your origin and your destination.
- Have your desired pickup time for your origin and destination (return trip). If you are using this for a doctor’s or other time sensitive appointment, please allow a 15 minute buffer between arrival time and appointment time.
- Provide any special physical descriptions of pickup areas (i.e. hospital main entrance door, east entrance of the Target, etc.). Please be specific if possible.
- Name of travel companion / assistant that may be travelling with you.
- Any special needs required for the trip. Although the dispatcher should have special needs indicated on your account, it is always good to confirm.
Your customer service representative should confirm the following with you:
- Pick up time
- Pick up location
- Drop off location
- Special instructions for the driver
- Cost of trip (payment is cash only and exact change is required)
If you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact the Bensenville Department of Public Works at 630-350-3435.