The Planning Division reviews all building and development proposals for compliance with zoning, subdivision, signage ordinances as well as, Village landscape, appearance and sound planning practices.
- Reviews business license applications for compliance with development and
- Issues Zoning Certificates
- Maintains the Village Zoning Map
- Maintains the Village’s Comprehensive Plan
- Maintains the Village’s GIS mapping capabilities
The staff serves as liaison and provides recommendations to the Community Development Commission (CDC), President and Village Board of Trustees.
The CDC is an appointed citizen review body that conducts Public Hearings on rezoning, conditional use permits, site plans, variances and other development requests.
The CDC non-binding recommendation is then reviewed by the President and Village Board of Trustees who are charged with making the final determination.
For any questions regarding planning, zoning, or the CDC please contact Scott R. Viger, A.I.C.P., Director of Community and Economic Development at 630.350.3411 or email