Green Electric Aggregation Program
History: Following the passage of a voter Referendum, the Village of Bensenville contracted to procure electric supply in bulk for residents and small business owners. The average participating Bensenville resident enjoyed savings on their ComEd bills for many years.
The Village is resuming our program with Chicago-based MC Squared Energy Services. Ratepayers will be charged exactly the ComEd rate and will enjoy the added benefit of Green Energy via Midwest Wind generation facilities as represented by Renewable Energy Certificates (“RECs”) at zero added cost to ratepayers and the Village.
To learn how Renewable / Green Energy and RECs work, view this video clip prepared by the United States EPA. Through this program the Village will be designated an EPA Green Power Community.
Notices will be mailed to residents and small businesses on June 15. Some accounts will move to MC Squared, others will remain with ComEd but the net effect for all is identical: all pay the same rate!
- If your notice says, “Remain at ComEd: No Action Required,” your account will remain at ComEd; there is nothing to do; regardless, you are considered a part of the Green Aggregation.
- If your notice says, “Electric Aggregation Notice,” You need do nothing and you will be switched to MC Squared, receiving a Switch Notice from ComEd in July. You will not pay more than ComEd rate. You have the choice not to support the program, and opt out. If you do nothing you will enroll with MC Squared.
- If your notice says, “Electric Aggregation: Opt-In Notice,” your account will remain at your current chosen supplier, but you may choose to opt in. Per Illinois law, you cannot be charged a fee to leave your contract. You may enroll by calling MC Squared at 877-831-0301.
- If your notice says, “Informational Content Only, your account will remain unchanged.
Residents receiving one of the first two notices will be considered a member of the Bensenville Renewable Aggregation program, and their energy usage will be offset by Green Energy.
- Guaranteed at the ComEd rate, with no rate risk of paying more than ComEd
- No hidden fees, no termination fee, flexibility to join or leave the program
- The Village earns designation as a US EPA Green Power Community, at zero cost to you
- Residents’ power consumption is offset by Green Energy generated from renewable generation sources located in the Midwest, for zero cost
- The Village’s Carbon footprint will be reduced
No one from MC Squared, ComEd, or the Village will ever visit your home or call you to enroll. If a solicitor claims to be the Village supplier, MC Squared, or ComEd, take their information and report the incident to the ICC at www.icc.illinois.gov/complaints. Never reveal your ComEd account number or allow a solicitor to view your ComEd bill unless you are certain you wish to enroll with that supplier and have read all terms and conditions. Questions: Email sdurling@NIMEC.net or leave your name and callback number at 800-727-3820 and someone will reach out to you shortly.