Weather permitting, on May 17 (alternatively May 20), the contractor for the York Rd construction project plans to begin milling the roadway starting at Grand Ave. The plan is to mill down the existing surface 4.5 inches. The contractor is anticipating the entire milling operation within the project limits will take about 6 days of work. Below are their projected stopping point for each day of operation. They will mill down all 4.5-inches of pavement across the entire width of York Rd each day, barring any weather and equipment delays. During this operation, there will be massive traffic delays as traffic pattern will continuously change throughout the day. We ask that you avoid the construction zone if at all possible between the hours of 7 AM and 4 PM. The contractor plans to build temporary ramps behind the milling operations for driveway access. If you have a driveway off of York Rd, please be patient. Your driveway access will be established before the end of each day. The contractor will also maintain access to the side streets as well as provide transition ramps at the stopping limits at the end of each day.
- Day 1 – STA 22+00 – 36+00 (South Limit to N. of Belmont)
- Day 2 – STA 36+00 – 49+50 (N. of Belmont to N. of Jacquelyn)
- Day 3 – STA 49+50 – 63+00 (N. of Jacquelyn to S. of Red Oak)
- Day 4 – STA 63+00 – 76+00 (S. of Red Oak to S. of Washington)
- Day 5 – STA 76+00 – 89+00 (S. of Washington to N. of Memorial)
- Day 6 – STA 89+00 – 106+00 (N. of Memorial to North Limit)
The milling operation will be followed by pavement patching which will be followed by placement of binder course. The exact dates for paving operations are to be determined at this time.