Village Crews collect larger brush on the first full week of each month from April through November with the following regulations:
- Brush may be placed on the parkway for collection beginning the Friday before the scheduled collection week, but no later than 7:00 am on the first Monday of each month.
- Each street receives a single collection during a scheduled week; placing brush or branches out after the deadline can result in a citation and no pickup.
- Piles should be placed on street side of property NOT in the alleys.
- Place cut ends of brush and branches towards the street without root systems.
- Individual branches must not exceed eight inches (8”) in diameter.
- Items larger than eight inches (8”) in diameter, materials such as construction wood, branches with nails or spikes, wooden fence pieces, rose branches, poison ivy and grass clippings/rakings cannot be mulched and must be disposed of by the resident through other means. Brush collection is for single family residences only.
- Contractor generated brush will NOT be collected.
- NO bundling of piles with rope or wire.
- Branches smaller than three feet (3’) in length and one inch (1”) in diameter should be placed in bio-degradable bags or cans labeled “yard waste only” for pickup by Republic.
- To discard root balls, break them up into small enough pieces to fit into your trash container for Republic Services to collect.
For dates visit here: https://www.bensenville.il.us/241/Refuse-Recycling-and-Yard-Waste