REPUBLIC SERVICES collects April through November: individual branches less than three feet in length and one inch in diameter on your regular trash collection day from your regular collection point. Place in biodegradable paper bags or garbage cans with two “Yard Waste Only” labels attached. “Yard Waste Only” stickers can be picked up for free at the Village Hall. Republic Services collects these branches with other residential yard waste.
To discard root balls, break them up into small enough pieces to fit into your trash container for Republic Services to collect.
Village Crews collect larger brush on the first full week of each month from April through November with the following regulations:
- Brush may be placed on the parkway for collection beginning the Friday before the scheduled collection week, but no later than 7:00 am on the first Monday of each month.
- Each street receives a single collection during a scheduled week; placing brush or branches out after the deadline can result in a citation and no pickup.
- Piles should be placed on street side of property NOT in the alleys.
- Place cut ends of brush and branches towards the street without root systems.
- Individual branches must not exceed eight inches (8”) in diameter.
- Items larger than eight inches (8”) in diameter, materials such as construction wood, branches with nails or spikes, wooden fence pieces, rose branches, poison ivy and grass clippings/rakings cannot be mulched and must be disposed of by the resident through other means. Brush collection is for single family residences only.
- Contractor generated brush will NOT be collected.
- NO bundling of piles with rope or wire.
- Branches smaller than three feet (3’) in length and one inch (1”) in diameter should be placed in bio-degradable bags or cans labeled “yard waste only” for pickup by Republic.
- To discard root balls, break them up into small enough pieces to fit into your trash container for Republic Services to collect.
For dates visit here: https://www.bensenville.il.us/241/Refuse-Recycling-and-Yard-Waste