This Spring season, in order to comply with the DuPage County Stormwater and Floodplain Management Ordinance, Integrated Lakes Management, Inc, will perform two scheduled Prescribed Burns in Bensenville. These are small, controlled fires that reduce invasive vegetation and enhance the environmental health of wetland areas. The two locations are as follows:
1) The George Street Compensatory Storage Basin located on George Street just East of York Road
2) The basin in John Court Subdivision along Addison Creek at the West end of Legends Lane
In order to minimize risk to residents and property, the timing of these burn events is subject to weather conditions. Some of the guidelines for the timing of the burns are (see location map)-
• Dry fuel
• Appropriate burn breaks either natural or man made
• Moderate wind velocities, 5-15 MPH, in a direction that results in the least amount of smoke impact on the surrounding area
• Appropriate humidity 35-80%
• Air temperature 32-65 F
A schedule for the prescribed burns has not yet been finalized; however; because of the aforementioned variables in the weather, the Village will only have about 24 hours advance notice of when the burns are to take place. Please consider this letter as an advance notice of the prescribed burns to take place in your neighborhood. Emergency response units such as Police and Fire will be notified of the prescribed burns as well. Please check the Village’s website at www.bensenville.il.us for updates on the schedule.
We thank you for your cooperation in advance. Should you any questions please contact Assistant Director of Public Works, Mehul Patel at 630-350-3435.